HOW TO DO BUSINESS NAME SEARCH IN KENYA ONLINE
Welcome to howto-daily.com blog where you learn how to do everything. Business Names Search services in Kenya are under the Office of the Attorney General.
Awesome!. Lets get over with this. Now that you have created an eCITIZEN account. You can use this account to access all: seriously not all, but most of Kenyan Government Services.
Steps to start business name search:
- Visit: https://ecitizen.go.ke/
- Sign in using you user name and password (ensure that you are registered in the portal)
- Click “Office of the Attorney General” to gain access to business name search and registration section.
Are you logged in? Great, hold on right there. Before you perform a name search there is a catch! Not a bad one. it is to ensure you, me and our generations are safe and here is the catch:-
- The use of Initials are not allowed e.g S.J and Skylar Enterprises
- If you use name with the word “Foundation” it must be Limited
- Names which have “Groups” , “projects” and “Holdings” must be limited.( Skylar group limited)
- If you want names with “Universities” must also be limited. ( Skylar university limited)
- Single words are not accepted ( Skylar )
- Offensive or abusive words are not allowed either. Offensive words in vernacular (mother tongue) are not allowed either.
- Political names e.g (Nairobi youth alliance) are not allowed
- Numerics are not allowed not unless its the current year eg (2015)
- Business names starting with the word “Kenya” are only reserved for the government.
- Names with ‘Church’ and ‘Ministry or Ministries’ are not allowed
- Business Names with “Trust”, “Foundation”, Programmes are not allowed
- The Registrar of Names does not register clubs
- Business names with “Relief” are not allowed
- Names with “welfare”, Organization, Association, are not allowed.
Lets move on.
Only one name to be submitted per application. applications with more than one name search will be rejected.
Modifying an existing business name is not allowed. eg. Adding Africa, Kenya, East Africa or changing the spelling eg Exotic to Ezotic or Esotic.
Business names will only be processed from Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm excluding public holidays.
Applications without appropriate passport photos will be rejected.
Finally you have to pay your bill (KES. KES 150) via MPESA. Follow the Steps Below. Once you receive a successful reply from Mpesa. Click the complete button bellow.
- Go to M-PESA on your phone
- Select Pay Bill option
- Enter Business no. 206206
- Enter Account no. WQTSDZX
- Enter the Amount. KES 150
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from MPESA