How to celebrate/Spend Wedding Anniversary
Welcome to howto-daily.com blog where you learn how to do everything. Every mature relationship has had a less-than-memorable anniversary. Maybe one of you forgot, or both of you got busy with work, kids, family issues, or something else. Whatever happened, the day came and went without fanfare. And neither of you seemed to notice or much care.
But for the health of any relationship, it’s important to make important days feel special. Anniversaries offer the wonderful opportunity to relive beautiful memories, practice gratefulness for your partner, and to show your love and strengthen your bond. Make this year’s anniversary with your significant other something special — one that will bring you closer together.
The best way to create a memorable anniversary is to do something new and different together as a couple. Stretch yourselves a little.
New experiences reinforce the shared bond you already have and create strong new memories. Just think back to the most significant memories you have right now with your spouse and imagine what new ones you can create! Pretty! Right?
While you enjoy your chosen anniversary activity, be sure to keep a positive attitude and make your partner happy too on that day. Leave all arguments and day to day detail behind. Whether you’re going to spend the day together at home, getting away, or having a wild and crazy new experience together, you can have your best anniversary yet!
1. Just at home?
- Spend an evening with no technology, just the two of you and maybe inner spirits. It’s hard to keep ourselves away from our computers and smartphones long enough to have a meaningful conversation. Make a rule not to use your tech and you’ll rekindle your relationship!
- Make wine or beer together. If you enjoy drinking together, this is a fun activity to try together. Just remember to buy the necessary equipment ahead of time !
- Learn something new about each other. With an open mind, try asking some of the top 36 questions that lead to love They’ll help spark intimacy and will lead to some really honest moments.
- Have a lazy day. Breakfasts in bed, spend all day in bed talking and napping. Follow breakfast with champagne and dessert! If you feel like getting more active, cook together or play some games.
- Learn to dance at home. This is best for those active couples who work out together and also enjoy learning something new together. Just go on Youtube to find any music with dance tutorials and learn together.
- Have a special dessert – champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Having an unusual treat makes a day feel extra special. If you want to make the dessert really special.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs as a couple. Choose songs that tell your story, and songs that you bonded over throughout your relationships.
- Write your love story. Yes! Write it together or have each of you write your own and then bring them together in an interesting, both sides of the story format.
- Get a fondue pot. Not necessary but if you can, do it! Fondue is a fun way to enjoy melted cheeses (for savory items) and melted chocolate (for sweeter treats).
- Decorate! Turn your home into a dressed-up french cottage, a sophisticated restaurant, or simply with flowers. The different ambiance will immediately change the feel of your home and make it feel like a staycation.
- Talk about the future together. It might sound simple and everyday, but imagining how you want to spend your retirement together, or planning future trips can be exciting and romantic today.
Anniversary Get Away?
- Take a day trip together to your favorite spot. If you live in a city, it can be incredibly refreshing to get away for an afternoon and drink in the outdoors.
- Go on a scenic drive and stop at a wine and cheese bar. Or, if you’re lucky enough to have lots of options where you live, try a brewpub. There are tons of small craft breweries with fantastic food options too.
- Go camping. Relatively affordable and, if the weather’s right, beautiful and romantic.
- Take an overnight backpacking trip. For the more adventurous couples, backpacking is an even more intense way to challenge yourself physically while becoming one with nature.
- Take a wine tasting tour. If you live on the West Coast or in the Northeast, take a drive to the nearest winery. Many offer relatively inexpensive tastings and deals if you purchase a certain amount.
- Take a scenic train trip. Taking the train means less stress traveling: nobody has to drive, you don’t have to stop for breaks every few hours, and you can sleep if you need to!
- Save up for a destination vacation. What better time than your anniversary to enjoy the beach at a beautiful resort?
- Explore a new city. Whether you’re on a budget or have a lot saved up, you can have a great time just exploring an unfamiliar town.
- Rent a cabin – If you can afford it , why not. Just for a weekend away, in the woods or next to a lake or ocean. If you like the outdoors but can only take so much nature, try glamping.